Thursday, July 29, 2010

The Rest of July

Well, since Jill's 2 year old doctor appointment on July 13th, we've had some fun, but we also were lying low because Jill got a nasty cold and then shared it with me. We're just now getting back to our regularly scheduled activities this week. She visited the dentist the day after her doctor appointment, but due to a lack of nap she DID NOT enjoy it. Too bad. No pictures were taken. It was kind of embarrassing because the dentist is a personal friend, but oh well. We'll try again some other time.

We had our weekly pizza night:





Then she played with her purse: "Door yocked, Mama! Need my TEYS in my PEWSE!"


Her hands down favorite thing we did was to visit these two girls. We met them at the park, then went to their house for pizza and fun. This was 2 weeks ago, and she has NOT stopped talking about it since. Everyday she wants to go to their house and repeat everything she did there. It's so funny to me because she has ZERO interest in children her own age, but these 2 older girls are her bestest friends! It's because she thinks she's 12. I just know it. This was a day for the books because JILL SLID SUCCESSFULLY DOWN THE SLIDE FOR THE FIRST TIME!!! Normally she puts her feet out and stops herself or nearly launches herself off of the thing. People think we're overly protective because we hover, but the girl STANDS while going down the slide because she stops so violently. Now she's got it down. YAY!!




The following weekend we went to Fort Steilacoom Park for a dog fundraiser and Jill did some swinging on the best playground I've ever seen. Our little swinger was most interested in just swinging, though she did do some exploring too. It was so funny because she insisted that I swing next to her, and then push her. "You swing, Mom. Now you push me, Mom!" Over and over and over.


Then the next day we went down to Burfoot County Park for Dee and Pop's birthday party. We had a lot of fun there and did tons more swinging. The girl is addicted to the swings!





Jill LOVED this table centerpiece and the stick that she called her "wand."


Next we hung out at home, did some puzzles, and just played.




And finally, we had a little get together at our house with friends, and Jill made cupcakes for everyone!



Here are videos from our last month.
In this one Jill describes in great detail her doctor appointment from two days before.

An early morning conversation:

Getting tickled by Daddy:

Singing:

1 comment:

The Moskal Family said...

I have to go back later and watch the videos, so I'll comment on those when I do...but I wanted to tell you about a playdate I took O & A on the other day. We went to the elementary school playground, and Owen went barreling to the big kid side. Before I could catch him he went across the bridge to the top of the STEEP slide, he sat down and slid down by himself. When I met him at the bottom he had a look of utter fear!!! He didn't want anything to do with that slide the rest of the day and stayed safely on the 2-5 year old equipment.
Looks like Jill is enjoying her summer! Sucks about the colds though, hope everyone is feeling better!