We have been talking about haircuts for a long time around here. Poor Ernie has endured many a pretend haircut just so Jill would know what to expect. She has always HATED to have anyone cut her hair, especially me. So I decided it was time to pay someone to do it. Jill thrives on knowing what is going to happen next, so she KNEW today was the day. When I got her up this morning she said, "Jill get hay-uh cut, Mama. It now weawwy scawy, Mama. It not." So, I knew she was nervous. We gave Ernie a few more pretend cuts and she was super happy. Then it came time to get dressed. "No get hay-uh cut, Mama. Stay home!' Needless to say, we went anyway. As we were walking up to the salon she asked, "Mama Jill going?" I told her, and again she said, "Hay-uh cut not weawwy scawy, Mama." When we got in she wanted to skip the cut and play with the toys, but I told her she'd have to wait. They asked her to pick out a movie she wanted to watch, but she had already started crying. I picked Peter Pan, she got strapped into a turtle chair, and she BAWLED! Tears, snot, the whole bit. Poor thing, she was shaking! I held her hand, they distracted her with toys and a lollipop, which was the first candy she'd ever had. She wasn't super impressed. When it was over (4 minutes later) she made a beeline for the toy room. Thank goodness for the kids' salon and the patient people who work there!

Bedhead yesterday...proof we NEEDED a cut!

before

during

crying

After!-Notice Bert and Ernie!

1 comment:
Way to go Jill!!!! Owen's had many haircuts and he still gets nervous!! And if he shows any sort of fear we leave!! I guess that's why his hair looks shaggy a lot! LOL...Jill is adorable! LOVE the new haircut.
Post a Comment