October was super fun. We got the house on the market about halfway through the month and then we were all able to calm down a bit. Jill and I spent long days on our own leaving Steve to do work on the the house without distraction, which worked out really well. He worked so hard!
Jill and I went to the zoo on October 1st.
 |
| Petting the corn snake at Creature Feature |
 |
| putting on a puppet show for me |
 |
| doing some research |
 |
| demonstrating the proper way to jump from rock to rock |
 |
| African hut dweller |
 |
| inside the climbing tree |
 |
| outside the climbing tree |
 |
| turtled |
 |
| "spy moves" |
 |
| "more spy moves" |
 |
| Spidey |
 |
| snow leopard with Baer face |
 |
| chimps |
 |
| Rachel came to visit, and Jill makes a spy face |
 |
| lunch with friends | | | |
|
|
During fire safety week, Steve was working an extra shift on the day his engine was assigned to read at the library's story time. I informed him that he would be reading and that we would be attending. So, he did and we did. It was awesome. He and Jill read that story to at least 50 people. They are champs.
 |
| Somebody got to sit with her daddy while he read the fire safety story aloud at the Queen Anne library. Somebody was VERY proud of herself! |
 |
| That same somebody got to drive her daddy around in the fire engine while the other kids only got to crawl through the backseat! |
October was a rough month for Jill, medically speaking. She's gone nearly four and a half years without having an antibiotic, and ended up with two different ones back to back. We were at the doctor three weeks in a row, and on one of those occasions I threw a flu shot into the mix because I'm mean like that. It was very dramatic for the 5 minutes after she found out about the shot until the nurse came to administer it. Afterward she tried to muster up some more tears, but she was really all done. So we got some frozen yogurt, then went to Target to pick up her second prescription and so I could get my flu shot. Fair is fair, after all! She had to cover her ears while I got my shot in case I screamed. For the record I gave birth to all 9lbs. 11.8 oz. of this little girl. I did not scream during my flu shot! The end.
 |
| frozen yogurt |
She entered her pumpkin in the pumpkin decorating contest at the toy store where she takes art lessons, and won second place!
 |
| contest entry |
We took an impromptu trip to the park where she discovered she is now tall enough to reach the bar without jumping!
 |
| "Mom, watch me swing!" |
 |
| slide hair |
 |
| rainbow over the house |
We took Jilly to do some other fun things this month too:
 |
| holding the Madagascar hissing cockroach |
 |
| riding her bike |
 |
| Wonder Woman fan dancing it up |
 |
| little poser |
 |
| She had been talking about getting into the yard waste container with the leaves for weeks. Daddy finally made it happen. |
 |
| We are Storybook Theatre season ticket holders. The first play of the season was 3 Pigs. It was adorable. |
We finally made it to the pumpkin patch on the 25th.
 |
| pushing the wheelbarrow |
 |
| pumpkin and spy face |
 |
| "Cap, show me your muscles!" |
 |
| fake smile...I think spy face is preferable |
 |
| trick or treating |
 |
| Instead of candy that night she opted for a homemade whole wheat pumpkin muffin topped with cream cheese frosting.
|
|
|
So, on to the big thing at our house right now. I took my mom to see
Wicked earlier this month, and in true Jill fashion she was devastated
that she didn't get to go, so she wanted me to tell her about it, which
led to the soundtrack, and before I knew it she had it memorized and was
watching clips on broadway.com. So, we bought tickets for the whole
family and are going to see it. She. Is. THRILLED.
 |
| When I told her I had gotten tickets, she ran and got her broom and ran around screaming at the top of her lungs, "I'm gonna go see Wicked!" Then she busted into "Defying Gravity." |
 |
| dressed as a witch at G's Halloween party |
 |
| She spent most of the party with these toys, singing "Defying Gravity" by herself since none of the other kids knew what she was talking about. |
 |
| with her Elphaba pumpkin |
 |
| We Facetime with Steve at night when he's at work. On this night she was singing "Popular" to him. |
 |
| Eating a giant pancake, ready to break into song. |
No comments:
Post a Comment