For the past 2 months, Jill has been practicing for her big dance performance, which was this afternoon! They wanted the girls there 1.5 hours early for pictures, etc., but we decided to live dangerously and show up 9 minutes before the show started. We got back to the room to find that there were about 30 little girls and 2 adults...this was why we got there late. I had no intention of letting someone else supervise my rambunctious girl and I was sure they wouldn't have enough help. I ended up staying and helping out by ferrying girls to and from pictures and the stage, which was just fine. I walked the girls up the side of the stage to wait in the wings, and they were VERY excited. As it was their turn to go on, Jill's teacher came up and Jill hugged and kissed her many times, as is her custom. We *thought* it was their turn so Jill started tapping her way onto the stage, but the teacher called her back at the last second because it turns out we'd been misinformed and a singer was going next. Jill loudly tapped off the stage to laughter. Steve said he could only see a flash of her hair, but he knew it had to be Jill! The entire time the singer performed Jill kept saying loudly, "But I don't see any dancers out there! I can do it!" When I saw her costume I initially balked because I thought it was pretty inappropriate for a 3 year old, and then when we got there the other classes were in cute long-sleeved Christmas themed shirts from Old Navy, but Jill's class had these flapper outfits. Oh well, it was cute and I'm glad we let her do it.
Here is the performance. The adorable. I can't stand it.
She's a born performer (as we all knew). The dance she'd been showing us at home was pretty different from what we saw today which made us laugh a lot. Oh this girl, how we love her!
the star, bowing
soaking up the applause
heading offstage
our little dancer
No comments:
Post a Comment