We've been hanging out at home (as usual) these past couple of weeks. I chickened out of getting Jill the H1N1 shot earlier, but she's getting it at her doctor's office on Saturday. I was super worried about the thimerosal in the vaccine, but as long as those nice people who have medical degrees think it's okay, we'll do it. That, and I can't stay in this house another minute without going nuts. I'm glad, though, that we have an appointment this time and no one has to stand in line for 4 hours. That's definitely a plus!
Also, you may notice that in some of the pictures here, Jill is sporting bangs. She won't let me put barrettes in her hair anymore and I was tired of looking at it hanging in her eyes all the time, getting covered in food, so I got out the scissors. Steve gave her bites of ice cream to keep her somewhat still, and I went for it! Keep in mind I've never cut hair before, and it's not even, but it's close enough, and for an active little girl whose hair is always messy, it's just fine. She has also now developed a healthy fear of scissors. She REALLY didn't like the snipping sound! Now I want to take her to someone who knows what she's doing to get the back cut and the bangs evened out, but for now this will do...especially because they're too short so I need to let them grow out before we do any more cutting. I sometimes miss her old hair, but I think this is cute too. We'll see whether or not the bangs are here to stay...
1 comment:
I LOVE the bangs!!! I think they're adorable!! I cut Owen's hair the first few times and well...lets just say I take him to get it cut now! lol :)
And on the thimerosal, I hear you on the fear. But from what I have read in the last years since they stopped using it in all other vaccines, the cases of autism haven't gone down, so I stopped worrying much about it. Hopefully it wont have any adverse affect on Amelia, and Owen did fine with the vaccine. I also know several other pregnant women who got it, and also got it for their kids. :) Hope all goes well on Saturday!
Post a Comment