Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Jill's Third Birthday

Wow, three sounds so old...she's a preschooler now and not a toddler. Crazy. I asked her this morning whether she was any bigger or taller and she said, "Yes, I am! I can reach my owl pillow now!" (It's on top of her bookshelf.) Then she looked a little crestfallen and said, "But I still can't reach the ceiling. I guess I'm not a grown up yet." She later informed us that one becomes a grown up at age 58. Phew, I guess I've still got a ways to go!

We had a very fun birthday with our Bean today. She woke up bright and early (more on that in another post) and could barely contain herself until it was time to open presents.

After presents we had a birthday waffle with candles, at the birthday girl's request. Then it was on to Toys R Us for the birthday shopping trip. She LOVED getting her crown, balloon, and having them announce that it was her birthday. She got happy birthday wishes from almost all the shoppers! She used her coupon to get herself Ariel and Prince Eric...now the only princesses we don't have are Jasmine and
Rapunzel, which are the two princess movies she hasn't yet seen. We are SWIMMING in rubber princess clothes over here!



Then we had lunch at Red Robin and she was serenaded yet again.



We went home to play more princess games and watch The Little Mermaid, and then it was time for dinner and cake with more candles and singing. She was so tired by 6:15 that she could barely keep her eyes open, yet she made me read at the table for another 20 minutes while she devoured her cake. She was asleep by 7:05. It was a fabulous birthday. I can't wait to do it again next year!



early this morning in her room

Super Jill!

I had this adorable cape and mask made for her.

strawberry dress that she begged for this winter...and it's still not warm enough to wear it!

marble tower



dressing up

Snow White!

reading books at her birthday lunch (Red Robin)

She was NOT a fan of the hot fudge in her sundae and wanted vanilla ice cream only. I had no problem eating the fudge for her...none at all.

playing with her princesses...all day long

after birthday cake, very tired

No comments: