Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Two and a Half Years Old!

Today my baby girl is 30 months old. She continues in her verbal streak, speaking in complete sentences, and even using adverbs correctly. I'm so proud! She is constantly making us laugh with her serious thoughts and curiosity. Some of her favorite sayings/questions are:

  • "Tell me BOUT ____" (baby monitors, floating away, tipping over, when I was in your tummy, etc.)
  • "But I don't feel happy anymore" in response to "Why did you ____" (cry, kick, hit, yell, etc.)
  • "I yove you, Mom" in response to doing something she knows she's not supposed to do
She loves to go shopping with me. She's a champion shopper, whether she's in the cart, stroller, or just walking. She's a favorite at the grocery store. She also loves to go to Starbucks to play on the iPad with Steve. When she goes in everyone says, "Hi Jill Baby!"

We are continuing to enjoy our Children's Museum membership, and Story Time. We're taking a break from tumbling right now, but we start dance and soccer in a few weeks.

Jill stopped taking naps at the end of November, and that has really opened up our free time. She now goes to bed at 6:50 and is asleep by 7:20. Then we don't hear from her until after 8 the next morning. It's GLORIOUS!

We had planned for her to give her pacifier to Santa, but she didn't want to, so we've got to work on that too. This morning she asked for a big girl bed, so I know that's on the horizon, but I don't want to do that too soon. I'm not looking forward to her being mobile in her bedroom.

We're still working on reading and rhyming, and she is doing superbly. She loves it, and mentions wanting to go to school every once in awhile, but we're in no rush.

Enjoy these pics and video of our new 2.5 year old!
painting with Daddy

the masterpiece

first pedicure

very serious

all done (fingers too)

new tutu

the really big gingerbread man



No comments: