Saturday, March 28, 2009

Bean is 9 Months Old

How in the world did 9 months pass so quickly?!  We are just having so much fun that I forget to look at the calendar.  Suddenly another month has gone by and I barely had a chance to blink!

So, at nine months of age Jill still doesn't have any teeth (a thing for which I am most grateful), she's still not sleeping through the night, and she's creeping along on her belly like a little commando.  She is no longer swaddled to sleep (because she outgrew the biggest size they have), but she still loves her pacifier.  She enjoys eating out because there is so much to see and so many places to throw her Cheerios.  We're working on learning to eat finger foods.  Cheerios are it so far, but I'm slowly sneaking more chunky foods into her jars of baby food.  Her new favorite toys are her piano, her telephone (thanks to Laura for both), and her stacking rings.  She has no interest in stacking them, she likes to unstack.  

We still read everyday but she is no longer content to hold a book while I read another; she has to have the one I'm reading.  Since I have them all memorized this hasn't slowed us down, but she is getting more and more busy by the day.  She can hardly be bothered to stay still enough for her milk anymore because she'd rather roll, kick, pull at her socks, twirl her hair, pull my hair, grab the buttons on my shirt, undo my belt with her toes...oh the list goes on and on!  I know we're in for it when she starts walking.  I'll never see her be still again!  Thank goodness for the ExerSaucer because without it I'd never be able to do anything!

She had her 9 month check up today and she weighs in at 21lbs. 9oz. (89th percentile), is 27.75 inches tall (57th percentile), and her head circumference is 46.5cm/18.25inches around (97th percentile).  Jill has (as I've always said) a very big brain!

Our Jilly is very loud and giggly.  She has an abundance of personality that she shares with everyone.  We are having a wonderful time with her, but we have to admit we'd enjoy seeing less of her in the middle of the night.  The doctor told her very seriously, "Jillian, you're nine months old now.  You don't need to eat in the middle of the night anymore, and you can sleep the whole night through also."  Ha!  We'll see whether or not she listens.

Here are some photos and video of our happy, chubby, adorable little girl.  A man at Target went out of his way to tell me today that I have a beautiful baby.  I thanked him, but what I really wanted to say was, "I know!"
Jilly in the morning

Kristina says Jill's brain is so big it pushes her tongue out!

after lunch with Daddy at Elliott Bay Book Company (we visited him at work in Seattle)

9 months old, after lunch out with Erin

one of my favorites

Jill's St. Patrick's Day shirt from Grandpa Mike

all dressed

I love my phone!

playing the piano

Who has a rotary phone anymore?


Jill crawling toward me, using her own style:


Jill plays "Smash and Tickle" with Daddy:


Here's a glimpse of what meals with Jill are like these days:

No comments: