We took Jill to the doctor for her 6 month check up today. She weighs 19 pounds even, which is 95th percentile, she's 26.5 inches long, which is 75th percentile, and her head is 17.25 inches around, which is 90th percentile. In short, she's growing well. She received 7 vaccines divided amongst three shots and one oral solution. I didn't even hear her cry as I waited in the reception area to make her 9 month appointment. When I got back to the room she was being rocked in Steve's arms, sporting a Spongebob Squarepants bandaid on her right leg, and a Barbie one on her left. She barely cried, he said, and she even let us take her to Target afterward. Our doctor was very impressed with her rolling skills and her ability to put away 2 jars of baby food per day. I was unimpressed (as usual) with the dirtiness of the table upon which they asked me to place my infant. Steve said I shouldn't have looked at the paper towel after I wiped down the table, and I should have listened. Oh well. Now we just have to take her back in a month for the second half of her flu shot, and she's good until March 26th!
Her accomplishments in the last month are as follows: *eating a jar of fruit with cereal for breakfast *eating a jar of vegetables with cereal for dinner *drinking milk every 4 hours *scooting around on her tummy to get to her toys that are out of reach *blowing raspberries at every opportunity, especially when she's eating carrots *working on the "mmm" sound *jumping in her Jumperoo *playing in her Exersaucer *eating snowflakes *grabbing Henny whenever the opportunity strikes *being adorable *"flying" with Daddy *not sleeping well *sleeping 9 hours 2 nights in a row as a teaser for me, then not doing it again *drinking out of a sippy cup *being loved by everyone
She's a very happy girl!
Ready for breakfast
eating the crinkly flower
6 months old with Grandma and Grandpa
at breakfast time
sitting with Daddy and Henny
Hi Mommy
a look of pure joy on Jill's face, and pure strain on Daddy's
when she's delighted she puts something in her mouth
I've been meaning to ask if Jill has any signs of teeth yet? Owen doesn't at all!!! Poor little gummy boy!
It's also very annoying when people say "oh he's going to get teeth any day now" when they see him put something in his mouth. I tell them, "acutally, dimwit, he's been putting stuff in his mouth for nearly 4 months now, get over it!"
2 comments:
What a sweet sweet girl! She is such a happy baby, just a joy! I so wish we could get Owen and Jill together! I know they'd be the best playmates!!!
I've been meaning to ask if Jill has any signs of teeth yet? Owen doesn't at all!!! Poor little gummy boy!
It's also very annoying when people say "oh he's going to get teeth any day now" when they see him put something in his mouth. I tell them, "acutally, dimwit, he's been putting stuff in his mouth for nearly 4 months now, get over it!"
Post a Comment